Thank you for your interest in getting involved with IAIFI! If you are a postdoc, grad student, or undergraduate student interested in the intersection of physics and AI, there are many opportunities for you to be involved with IAIFI at various levels.
- Subscribe to IAIFI News
- Apply to be a Friend of IAIFI
- Explore Job Opportunities at IAIFI Universities
- Explore Undergraduate Opportunities at IAIFI Universities
If your situation does not fall into any of the above categories but you have an idea for collaborating with IAIFI, please contact IAIFI Management.
Subscribe to IAIFI News
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on IAIFI events and opportunities. The mailing list is open to anyone interested in the IAIFI mission, regardless of location or level of involvement.
Apply to be a Friend of IAIFI
- Complete the Friend of IAIFI Application
- Must be affiliated with one of the IAIFI institutions (MIT, Harvard, Northeastern, Tufts) or another Boston-area university, or spend significant time in the Boston area.
- Welcome to join IAIFI internal events, including lightning talks, journal clubs, socials, etc.
Explore Job Opportunities at IAIFI Universities
The flagship postdoctoral opportunity in IAIFI is the IAIFI Fellowship program, but there are other job opportunities at the participating universities with IAIFI-affiliated researchers.
Explore Undergraduate Opportunities at IAIFI Universities
IAIFI investigators often have opportunities for undergraduate students to get involved in research through volunteer projects or formal programs.
MIT Summer Research Program
- Apply to the MIT Summer Research Program
- Applications open in November for Summer 2023
- This program’s goal is to increase the number of underrepresented minorities and underserved (e.g. low socio-economic background, first generation) students in the research enterprise.
- Deadline: January 15, 2023
MIT Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
- Contact an IAIFI Senior Investigator at MIT to inquire about potential UROP funding
- Learn more about becoming a UROP
Tufts Visiting and Early Research Scholars’ Experiences (VERSE) Scholars Program
- Applications open December 1 for Summer 2023
- The goal of the VERSE program is to: enable students to connect to faculty mentors with active research labs and projects; gain valuable hands-on training that will build confidence in conducting future independent research; and inspire students to pursue doctoral studies at Tufts and envision research careers.
- Deadline: January 31, 2023