Summer School 2022
The first annual IAIFI PhD Summer School was held at Tufts University August 1—August 5, 2022, followed by the IAIFI Summer Workshop August 8—August 9, 2022.
Our first annual Summer School was held hybrid over 5 days, with ~85 attendees in person from over 9 different countries.
Summer School Agenda
View the detailed agenda for the IAIFI Summer School
View the complete Summer School program
Research Scientist, Google Research (Brain Team)
Research Scientist, Qualcomm Research Netherlands
Senior Researcher, Mathematical Physics and String Theory, Ludwig-Maximilians Universität
Faculty Member, Vector Institute; Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Waterloo
Assistant Professor, University of California, San Diego
We extend a sincere thank you to the following financial supporters of the first IAIFI Summer School:
2022 Organizing Committee
- Jim Halverson, Chair (Northeastern University)
- Tess Smidt (MIT)
- Taritree Wongjirad (Tufts)
- Anna Golubeva (IAIFI Fellow)
- Dylan Rankin (MIT)
- Jeffrey Lazar (Harvard)
- Peter Lu (MIT)
- Who can apply to the Summer School? Any PhD students or early career researchers working at the intersection of physics and AI may apply to the summer school.
- What is the cost to attend the Summer School? There is no registration fee for the Summer School. Students for the Summer School are expected to cover the cost of travel and boarding.
- Is there funding available to support my attendance at the Summer School? IAIFI is covering the cost of the Summer School other than travel and lodging.
- If I come to the Summer School, can I also attend the Workshop? Yes! We encourage you to stay for the Workshop and will cover the cost of your registration if you attend both the Summer School and Workshop in person.
- Will the recordings of the lectures be available? We expect to share recordings of the lectures after the Summer School.
- Will there be an option for virtual attendance? We will determine whether virtual options will be provided based on interest.